This 26 inch kids' Hybrid Bike is the ideal multi purpose, geared bike for 13 year olds upwards with a minimum inside leg of 78cm. The handlebars can be lowered or raised within a range of 54mm and adjusting the seat height is easy to do at home with the quick release system. This means a Frog Bike will grow with your child making it a great investment.
The Frog Hybrid 73 and 78 are part of our Push The Limits range for older riders. With Push The Limits Frog decals and Neon frame colors available your children can grow with Frog Bikes all the way to adolescence.
The Frog 78 offers total independence, with wide tires and a sturdy frame it is perfect for doing a paper round on the road or flying down forest trails with friends at the weekend. You also have the option to attach a pannier rack to the frame for transporting school books and sports kit.
Wheel Size: 26" inch
Why buy a Frog 73?
- Lightweight but sturdy frame making the bike easy to manoeuvre for your child
- Tektro brakes with easy to reach brake levers. Better braking and speed control means improved confidence for young riders
- FrogFitTechnology youth-specific 8-speed gear shifters with short lever travel and ultraslick gear cabling makes changing gear and undulating rides a breeze
- Patented Frog cranks maintain a low Q-Factor (the distance between the pedals) for easier pedalling. A reduced distance between the pedals allows for maximum leverage on the pedals increasing efficiency and speed
- Quick-release seat post for easy height adjustment
- Free 5-year warranty on frame and forks
- Reflectors, mudguard and bell included
*Actual colours may vary. This is due to the fact that every computer monitor has a different capability to display colours and that everyone sees these colours differently. Our photos show the samples as life-like as possible, but please understand the actual colour may vary slightly as paint batches also have variances. We cannot guarantee that the colour you see accurately portrays the true colour of the product.
|B||Seatube Angle (degrees)||74|
|C||Head tube angle (degrees)||71|
|D||Effective top tube (mm)||530|
|E||Head tube length (mm)||100|
|F||Chain stay length (mm)||425|
|G||Seat tube Length (mm)||406|
|H||BB to Floor (mm)||295|
Due to supply-chain issues, Specs are subject to change without notice.
|Frame||6061 T6 heat treated aluminum alloy, seat tube 16" (406mm)|
|Fork||6061 T6 heat treated aluminum alloy|
|Rims||Aluminum, 26", double wall, machined braking surface|
Front: Quando, aluminum, sealed hub, QR, 28 hole
Rear: Quando, aluminum, sealed hub, QR, 28 hole, Shimano type 8/9spd free hub body
|Tires||K1047, 26"x1.5", Hybrid, (ETRTO/ISO: 38-559)|
|Bottom Bracket||Neco, square taper, 68/107.5, cartridge bearings|
|Crankset||Frog Bikes Patented, 146mm, aluminum straight arm cranks, 34T chainring, black|
|Shifters||FrogFitTechnology® youth-specific 8-speed gear shifters with short lever travel and ultra slick gear cable|
|Rear Derailleur||Microshift (model M36S), 8-speed|
|Brakes||Tektro 837 AL, aluminum, linear pull|
|Brake Levers||Tektro JL510, Aluminum, easy reach|
|Handlebars||Aluminum, flat bar, 520mm|
|Tape/Grips||Frog Bikes specific, lock on, slim grips|
|Stem||Frog Bikes aluminum 60mm Stem|
|Headset||Neco, 1"1/8 semi-integrated threadless, Frog Bikes top cap|
|Saddle||Frog Bikes child-specific saddle (medium), steel rails|
|Pedals||Resin platform, 9/16" thread, reflectors|
|Accessories & Extras||Mudguards, Bell, bike reflectors white/red, wheel reflectors orange/white, paint plasters (excl. Union Jack- touch up paint supplied), frame protector patches|
* Subject to change without notice.